Sunday, May 26, 2013

The sun is finally shining!

Day 3 in New York!

After our third shot at the Wicked Lottery we passed by a bake shop called "Baked by Melissa" (things with my name always catch my eye) And since we were unsuccessful again at the lottery we got ourselves some yummy mini cupcakes.

The sun has finally decided to come out! On this beautiful day we headed over to Chinatown and SoHo, for some discount shopping and some not so discount shopping =P

Such pretty buildings. 
We hit up pretty much all the stores in China town, but most of them sold the same kind of things. The only difference was the owners and if you could haggle with them more than others. I ended up buying a purse and it all happened so quickly!
Other stores I hit up in SoHo: Brandy Melville, All Saints, and Aritzia.

I'll be doing a haul post later on for everything I picked up in NYC =] 
Had a nutella and banana crepe from a food truck. 

 Now off to one of the most anticipated dining experiences. Ninja New York!  I heard about this place on the World's Weirdest Restaurants show and it just seemed so unique and interesting. It was definitely a different experience and I would recommend trying this place out. We didn't make any reservations, but it is probably best to. We were lucky enough to go at a time when we were able to walk in. The Japanese village inside was just amazing and I wish I could have gotten a picture of it, but it was a bit dark.
We almost missed this place because it was just pretty much a door. 

Our meals, amazing presentation
Ninja star turned into chocolate cake! :O 
 Afterwards we walked over to the 9/11 memorial but we missed the last entry. So we headed over to the ferry to go see the Statue of Liberty at sunset.
Taking the ferry to Staten Island to see the Statue of Liberty and the City Skyline. 

The best picture I had of the Statue of Liberty. (Stupid scratched up plexi glass) 
Manhattan Skyline
A blurry attempted night shot of the Statue of Liberty. 


No comments:

Post a Comment