Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Dirt Trails & Ski Lifts

Today we decided to hang around the resort for the day. We walked down Main St. and looked in the shops, there wasn’t too much to see. I did however buy some things from a store called “Mountain Body” http://www.mountainbody.com/ They sell organic body wash products, I finally found another good lip exfoliator as well =]

By mid afternoon we found out that one of the free buses goes to one of the lodges on the mountain. We decided to do the mid mountain hike from there back to the ski lifts by our resort. About half way through we reached a lodge which we dropped by to use their washrooms and for me to clean up my blister. Unfortunately, after that first hike in the mud I felt a rock rubbing against my heel which caused a blister :l and now I’m just forced to deal with it. Anyways after when we got back from the hike we found out that the place we stopped at was a St. Regis Hotel, which explains why their bathrooms were so nice.. though not so much after I tracked in all the dirt =P I wiped my leg with a towel and all this dirt came off ._.

DSCN2762
Anyways, it was about a 5 mile hike, but it wasn’t very strenuous since most of the trail was flat. It was a nice hike that we didn’t need to drive to, and just ended back at our resort.

DSCN2773

I found it strange to be riding a ski lift in summer, and the fact that we were going down rather than up. It was fun =]

DSCN2795

Overall, it was a fun day… even though, yet again, I did not get the go zip-lining… one day!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment